Several years ago i was privileged to announce that Phase 1 was finished – namely telling the world about the need in every nation for Bible books – especially the GOSPELS – to be available for ALL people – including those lacking free education and those marginalised and often despised – like people with learning-disabilities.
My apologies to those important leaders i’ve forgotten to mention in the list below – i was first leading easyEnglish.info for Wycliffe Associates UK about 20 years ago and in November we reach the 14th Anniversary for easyBibles and although i take 10 tablets a day – nobody has one to improve my memory!
IMPORTANT LEADERS HELPING EASYBIBLES
1. Revd Norman Hillyer – Librarian at Tyndale House, Cambridge and Bible Scholar
2. Mgr James Phalan – i/c of Rosary (family prayers) first for Peru where we met then for whole Catholic Church
3. Father Albert Dalfovo – retired Head of Philosophy Dept, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda – who also helped to set up the Divinity School there.
4. Fr Mario Casselo a Comboni Missionary to Uganda – hoped to lead easyBibles in Uganda but died of cancer.
5. Henry Kalula head of Bible Society of Uganda – who in 2003 suggested i set up easySwahili team in Tanzania and so started easyBibles with me.
6. Louis Ratman leading Wycliffe in Malaysia (he had also led Wycliffe in Uganda) who transformed my financial policy – ‘If these people are translating for God – they should trust Him for support’
7. Richard Hoyle – once leading Wycliffe Eurasia who enabled me to address WBT/SIL in Dallas re easyEnglish in 2001.
8. Ellis Deibler and Willis Ott -International Translation Consultants for WBT/SIL
9. Similarly International Consultants Stephen Levingson and Mick Foster who checked the easyEnglish NT for me.
10. Dr John Bendor Samuel who brought WBT to UK.
11. Prof Barry & Marie Wetherill, David & Rachel Landin, John Williams, Bob & Sue Hunter, Mike & Janet Baker, Daryl Richardson – all leaders of Mission Assist (Wycliffe Associates UK)
12. Revd GDV Prasad (Bible Society of India), Revd Rajendran (FMPB, India), Vaiphei Bible Translation Committee, Bible Societies of Bangladesh.
13. Bishop Samuel Penni of South Sudan and the Church Army leaders in Nairobi who commended him for his efforts with easyBibles
14. Many leaders i met at Tokyo 2010 – including Revd Khupkam Vaiphei of Manipur; Revd Ph Hmung from Myanmar; Revd Cleto Mhuru from Zimbabwe whom i twice met in Shanghai on my 7 visits to work on easyChinese with Mr Ma, Principal of Zhoukou Bible College, Hunan Province – built on the site of Hudson Taylor’s first inland church.
15. Leaders from Malaysia inc Lucy and Lillian – the sisters at the centre of the Bario Revival in Bario, Borneo; Revd Chin Chi Kiong from Kota Kinabalu, a brave missionary travelling to islands of Phillipines; David Liew; Revd Terence Chang, visionary leader from Kuchin, Sarawak – also a modern Hudson Taylor and Methodist friends in Singapore.
16. Mali Simsek who has finished the NT in easyTurkish in Istanbul – where i’ve been privileged to visit 4 times.
17. Leaders of the Norwegian Missionary College in Stavanger which i’ve also visited 4 times especially their Chinese expert who bowed, sincerely before our easyChinese Luke. Also African leaders from Ethiopia, Madagascar and Kenya and from the Philippines all doing their Masters degree in this Norwegian college.
18. Prof Carlos Gohn from Brazil – an email friend who did veryeasyPortuguese and persuaded the leaders of the Eugene Nidar Conference in Italy about 6 years ago to let me speak about easyBibles in their lunch break. Then Joy Tuggy (daughter of Cameron Townsend who started Wycliffe Bible Translators) embraced me and said that easyBibles would help millions of people.
19. EasyBibles has been helped by several translators from the United Bible Society inc A who works with his family in dangerous countries in Africa, John E and recently my friend David C from our Pembroke College, Cambridge days who helped me to get through to the Bangladesh Bible Society – a country i’ve yet to visit. The only other non-Indians present at the opening of the new building for the Bible society of India’s a few years ago were from the UBS.
20. Orthodox leaders from Egypt i met in Tokyo; from Greece i met on Cos; from Egypt again in North Wales; From Ethiopia in Addis Ababa doing easyAmharic and easyOromo.
21. from Algeria doing easyBerber i met in Kuala Lumpur; from Manila doing easyTelugu and easyCebuana: from Lima doing easySpanish but many of these languages need many more volunteers – as i now only pay for printing. If i move too fast we get a lot of ‘copying and printing’ from existing Bibles. We need to work carefully – checking and field-testing thoroughly to BUILD ON ROCK NOT SAND.
22. Barnabas Mam from Cambodia and WycliffeThailand in Chiang Mei. Sister Thuy in Vietnam.
23. I’ve just remembered a brave pilot from Missionary Aviation Fellowship – Alastair Macdonald a constant encouragement.
24. And friends from Pakistan – doing easyUrdu like Asim Sadique.
25. AIC Bishops like Evaristo Numbi of DRC helped by Revd Elie Kakudji to do easyFrench for Africa and 3 other languages; Bishop Wilson of Uganda; Revd John Okumu leading AIC in South Sudan.
26. Bishop Isaac Makokha and Cardinal David Nyanganyeria doing 4 languages of Kenya
27. German missionary friends in Kenya doing dangerous work for easySomali
28. Pentecostal leaders in Lima, Peru doing easy and veryeasySpanish.
29. Revd Keith Forecaste, former Moderator of the United Reformed Church, UK.
30. Revd Dr Raymond Brown, former Principal of Spurgeon’s Baptist College, London.
31. Fr Martin Combes, twice Vicar of St. Bede’s Church, Cambridge.
32. Thomas & Dorothy, brave SIM missionaries to Somali peoples.
33. Sorry again for omissions, i’ll add them when i remember. Please remind me. Thanks for your prayers – i believe Phase 1 is finished so we can trust Him for Phase 2. Praise His Wonderful Name!
FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS MY FAMILY HAS BECOME TOTALLY UNITED IN OUR DESIRE TO HELP THE ‘GAY’ COMMUNITY AND CURRENTLY I’M THE ONLY BAPTIST MINISTER IN NORTH WALES OFFERING SAME SEX MARRIAGES – AND THIS IS OUR WEBSITE; AND EASYBIBLES OUR CALLING.
WE OFFER NO APOLOGIES BUT WORK WITH MANY TEAMS WHO DISAGREE WITH US AND YET STILL DESIRE TO HELP POOR READERS.